psykokarkki wrote:

Re-Mit (2013)
Ersatz GB (2011)
Reformation Post TLC (2007)
Your Future Our Clutter (2010)
Imperial Wax Solvent (2008)

Nää oli ihan liian alhaisesti sijoitettu  mad

jonkun on oltava häntäpäässä, minkäs teet icon_sad

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#1322 05.03.2015 12:23

psykokarkki
uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

Re: the Fall

mark e. smith 58v. tänään bileet

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#1323 06.03.2015 16:10

psykokarkki
Website

nme20150304_zpsjsieopgy.jpg

"Cherry Red Records is pleased to announce the release of Sub-Lingual Tablet, the new studio album by The Fall on 25th May 2015.
More info comming soon!"

B_WCueFUYAEdOpY.jpg

#1324 13.03.2015 12:45

psykokarkki
Website

The Fall have just announced the release of their 31st studio album, Sub-Lingual Tablet. It'll be out on May 25 on Cherry Red Records, on CD and limited edition vinyl, the latter packing different mixes. It was recorded with current line-up of the band: Mark E. Smith with Peter Greenway (guitar), Keiron Melling (drums), Elena Poulou (keyboards and vocals) and David Spurr (bass).

There's not too much information at the moment, other than the tracklisting, which runs as follows:

'Venice With The Girls'
    'Black Root'
    'Dedication Not Medication'
    'First One Today'
    'Junger Cloth'
    'Stout Man'
    'Auto Chip 2014-2016'
    'Pledge'
    'Snazzy'
    'Fibre Book Troll'
    'Quit iPhone'

toista runpalia ei näköjään mainittu tossa lineupissa, mutta videon kuvassa näkyy ff

#1325 16.03.2015 12:59

psykokarkki
Website

25yucd2.gif

#1326 23.03.2015 14:13

psykokarkki
Website

#1327 15.04.2015 16:14

hiirimattona
maarihittona
Website

WFMU wrote:

The Fall special with Stephen Hanley, Brix Smith Start, and Marc Riley, plus Spectre Folk covers the Fall live in studio
Tuesday, April 21st, 3pm - 6pm
on Brian Turner's show
Today's entire three hours is dedicated to the exhuming of some stellar live tapes in Brian's collection from The Fall, mainly soundboard and FM broadcasts from mostly of the '78 to '96 era. As a bonus, three of the band's biggest instrumental anchors of that period, ex-guitarist Marc Riley (1978-83, and now a well-beloved BBC Radio6 DJ), post-Riley guitarist Brix Smith Start (1983-89) and ex-bassist Stephen Hanley (1979-98) speak to WFMU on life inside of and outside of the band; in fact Hanley has recently released a memoir called The Big Midweek. And as a double bonus, we get a live set in the WFMU studio of Fall covers courtesy of Spectre Folk (featuring members of Magik Markers, Sonic Youth, Pavement, and Tall Firs). Mark E. Smith's current lineup of The Fall releases an album, his 31st, on May 25th called Sub-Lingual Tablet.

bzort glorf bööth

#1328 17.04.2015 00:18

Recard

Recard wrote:

Ostan: The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fallin ja This Nation's Saving Gracen Omnibus-versiot, kiitos.

Ostin nämä nyt sitten tuolta icon_twisted

DIAL 'U' FOR UREALIS

#1329 17.04.2015 17:05

Alxity
bruttokansanonnellisuuden viraston sihteeri

En myynyt.

<@Tupou> jätkä haukkuu itse muita karkeiksi
<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#1330 04.05.2015 11:27

psykokarkki
Website

beggars-ajan vinyyliuusintoja tulossa kesäkuussa, mutta kummasti bend sinister yhä puuttuu listalta:

THE WONDERFUL AND FRIGHTENING WORLD OF THE FALL
Released in 1984, The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall was the band’s seventh studio album and their first for Beggars Banquet. It makes few conces­sions to the larger market - every potential hook seemed spiked with the band’s usual rough take- it-or- leave- it stance - though the integration of Brix Smith into the band added a melodic twist. This LP has been mastered from HD files transferred from the analog tapes.

THE WONDERFUL AND FRIGHTENING ESCAPE ROUTE TO THE FALL
This contains the material from the two singles and the EP, Call For Escape Route, that the band released in 1984, which were also part of the extended cassette ver­sion of the original album. These were the remaining tracks recorded at the sessions.

THIS NATION’S SAVING GRACE
Originally released in 1985, their 8th album is one of The Fall’s most loved releases and is often hailed as one of the greatest albums of the 1980s. Drawing from the well of primal rock ‘n’ roll, the band play with muscular spontaneity and inspiration to create music that still sounds unique and challenging, especially against today’s anodyne imitations of Rock and ‘guitar music’. This LP has also been mas­tered from HD files.

SCHTICK – YARBLES REVISITED
Available for the first time on vinyl, this collection compiles the singles released around This Nation’s Saving Grace and includes 5 tracks from the bands’ 1985 BBC Peel sessions. Also included is the track “Ma Riley” which made its debut on the CD box set in 2011.

#1331 04.05.2015 11:33

psykokarkki
Website

uusi levy on ilmeisesti jo postissa matkalla tänne, tosin vinyyliversiolla kuulemma ihan eri miksaukset ja se ilmestyy vasta myöhemmin tässä kuussa. mojossa oli jo neljän tähden arvio:

"Pierce Brosnan, how dare you prescribe me bed wet pills!" is a fine opening line for anybodys song, but especailly so as shrieked by our Mark Edward Smith with hilarious borderline-Kenneth Williams indignation, on Dedication Not Medication. Its central to his ongoing four-decade appeal that we're no closer to ever knowing what he's really on about, and - heroically in this day and age - he's revealing nothing. Though his Fall's omnipresence/intransigence can sometimes feel like a curse, Sub-Lingual Tablet turns these tables: it's mighty good.
Early on, Black Doors varispeed insanity makes a welcome break from the bands post millenial,Peter Greenway led Kraut/garage comfort zone for a thrilling anything may happen edge. Stout Man piledrives with fearsome Stoogean muscle while Auto Chip 2014-2016 brings a familiar MES rant about English musicians, to a 10 minute motorik that could only result in a lifetime driving ban.
Swipes elsewhere at social media and iTunes/Bono/fan-funding make this the most on-message Fall album since The Infotainment Scan. Rejoice-ah!

#1332 05.05.2015 19:33

psykokarkki
Website

parin kuuntelun perusteella uusi levy pesee ainakin pari edeltäjäänsä. äkkiseltään parhaat biisit ehkå 2 ekaa ja 2 vikaa icon_surprised

ei tämä taida panda bearia päihittää, mutta toistaiseksi vuoden toiseksi tai kolmanneksi paras levy taitaa olla kyseessä. en muista koska virallinen julkaisu, mutta action records tosiaan sai jonkinlaisen määrän näitä ennakkomyyntiin, mutta ovat kuulemma jo loppuneet.

#1333 07.05.2015 15:40

Skeletonni
maki kolehmainen

51qDWre0mGL._SY300_.jpg
Puolessa välissä menossa tästä.
Henry Rollins heti ekana äänessä icon_lol

#1334 10.05.2015 01:26

psykokarkki
Website

voi hemmetti toi vihellys fibre book trollin lopussa roll

#1335 10.05.2015 02:47

rc-lungen

Kansakunnan Ylpeys-yhtyeen Samin mukaan Oulussa on tapana sanoa "Vittu Fall!"
Kuulemma myös eräs KTMK-yhtyeen häiskä on viime syksynä Samin kertomuksiin Supermassiven keikasta todennut saman.

Amppeliooppeli Ex-Pooppeli

#1336 20.05.2015 15:29

psykokarkki
Website

everything but the girlin tracey thorn on kirjoittanut jonkun kirjan, jossa mainitaan myös mark e. -setä:

255ht2s.jpg

#1337 25.05.2015 09:38

psykokarkki
Website

2uei5hf.jpg oqj0qu.jpg

#1338 27.05.2015 16:54

psykokarkki
Website

uuden levyn biisi biisiltä -arvostelu fall-foorumilta, jossa verrataan myös vinyylin ja cd:n eroja:

A review of both LP and CD (well, I actually streamed the latter from some slightly odd Spotify site I found). Listened to each version back to back so fairly accurate assessment of differences.

The bottom line for those trying to decide whether to get the vinyl is don't bother - the CD is better.

And to avoid those getting annoyed with a less than complimentary review that pulls things apart, then understand I think this a pretty mediocre effort, so you can stop reading now  icon_smile

Side 1

Venice with the girls
I like this track - this group do rock, have an obvious rapport and are skilful players. The main guitar riff is pretty bland but those lurching 3/4 sections really lift it into something a bit special and I love the funky bass tones. Decent vocal from Smith.
CD Version - not noticeably different; possibly some different vocal overdubs. 7/10

Black roof
A lot of love for this track here and I think it's OK too but not great. It doesn't seem to fit on the LP compared to say how 'Noise' and 'Pre-MDMA' Years did on Remit. The vocals feel 'slapped on'.
CD Version - very similar possibly slightly different mix and vocals 6/10

Dedication not medication
Unlike others I'm not a huge fan of this krautrock inspired stuff - it gets boring to me in all honesty. The drums sound oddly flat and boxy despite them pounding away. Synths sound good. No vocals at all on this version until the pretty silly studio chat bit comes in at 3:55 then some fairly throwaway verses later on. Dark and brooding, yes but somehow shoddy. Clocks in at 7:40. 5/10
CD version is much better and benefits from a half decent vocal (and no pointless chat), cleaner and more focussed drums, louder guitar, a much more powerful 'b-tune' with pulsating synth (absent on the LP) and it doesn't outstay its welcome at 4:48. 7/10

Side 2

First one today
Sort of old school Fall northern rockabilly style. Decent vocals but keys very simplistic and loud. Jazzy breakdown a really pleasant surprise but not convinced by the way it goes back to the main section - it sounds forced (a structural issue I've had with the Fall going back years though). Could have simply had the song in two halves, finishing with the slower section as a kind of extended coda. 6/10
CD Version - may have some extra percussion and extra guitar overdubs, but not sure. Very similar either way.

Junger cloth
Like many I think this a very strong track. Love the funky guitar though drums still sound a bit flat despite all the force (I'm really not keen on this two drummer line-up - what is the point exactly - they play much the same thing anyway just muddying the texture?). Great swelling chords and slow and measured vocal delivery. This is another band jam rather than a 'song' but it really works here. 8/10
CD Version - very similar but I thought the keys actually sounded slightly better on the vinyl - a bit warmer and richer.

Stout man
Never been a fan of this kind of trashy throw-away rock and roll and even less when the Fall do it. Vocals sound like someone doing karaoke (I felt this quite a few times in this LP - as someone said upthread - the band jam, Smith comes in, slaps a vocal take down, gets off to pub). Chris Shaw upthread talked about the idea of 'idiocy' being needed in art and the draft form being interesting. Maybe, but if you struggle with the basic material then that doesn't help. 2/10
CD Version - sounds identical

Side 3

Auto-chip 2014-16
Another long jam. The main guitar riff is another dull one and I don't like that whiny guitar sound. Don't really understand the great love for this tune. Decent vocals and I like the dissonant guitar overdubs. I'm getting bored by about 5:00. Shorter than the CD version at 8:22 and it fades out. It does roll along well though; it's OK. 6/10
CD Version - longer at 10:00 or so, doesn't fade in, vocals much more prominent (different vocal overdubs?). Ends rather than fades out. Not significantly different though.

Pledge
Pretty boring plodding rocker made weird with some odd vocals and synths. Eerie psychedelic bit in the middle works well but soon goes back to the plodding. Extended vocal solo at end and fades into 'Snazzy'. 5:00 so shorter than the CD. 4/10
CD Version - starts quite differently with squelchy synth and solo vocal line with spare drums - much stranger and less guitar-heavy. I thought I was going to revise my view of this track as it has more verve and interest but it gradually sinks into another aimless jam, losing its way and at 6:30 is too long.

Snazzy
Starts up like another mediocre jam with some limp funky guitar and some vaguely interesting jazzy chords and textures. Picks up in the latter half and the structure works well in fact. It's OK. 5/10
CD Version - sounds identical

Side 4

Fibre Book Troll
The biggest difference between LP and CD by far. This version is 11: 35 long and frankly it's interminable: deliberately lo-fi demo like sound that just goes on and on. Drums are ropey and messy, vocals pretty aimless and crass. No whistled ending. In the Fall tradition of a pointedly 'rubbish' recording (and performance) but I'm not interested anymore. 2/10
CD Version - though the basic material is the same, this is a great example of the difference between making a recording and a record - guitars and synth layering is great; the tune bounces along and Smith's vocals are sung with great vigour. Love the dissonant loud synths - it's a glorious angry racket with a challenging but successful mix. Smith really sounds like a troll at one point as the vocal effects really kick in. The track has real meat as opposed to the blundering / blustering jams elsewhere that flatter only to deceive. Whistling end spoils it though - what is this supposed to mean / add? 7/10

Quit iPhone
Someone upthread made a disparaging comment about the group sounding like Status Quo and they do at times, especially here. It's OK, it works, it's well executed and I'm totally on-board with the sentiment but it's pretty run-of- the-mill stuff. Embarrassing acapella vocal at the end (there are too many misjudged oddities like this on the LP). 5/10
CD Version - Vocal mix different - louder and doesn't sit in the mix so well.

Overall I think Remit and Remainderer are far better records with lots of tunes I remember and want to listen to repeatedly - most of them in fact. Only 'Venice with the Girls', 'Junger Cloth' and the CD version of 'Fibre Book Troll' will remain on my playlist from SLT (and possibly CD version of 'Dedication not Medication').

The extraordinary pantomime that is The Fall lurches on. I can't go on; I'll go on.

#1339 30.05.2015 16:26

psykokarkki
Website

Drawn From The Fall: Una Baines' Comic On Dating Mark E Smith

Desperate Journalist’s Jo Bevan speaks to the former Fall/Blue Orchids member and artist Keith McDougall about their forthcoming book I’ll Be Your Mirror

QjAe1Do.jpg

#1340 03.06.2015 15:39

psykokarkki
Website

fallilta tulossa monenmoista uusintajulkaisua cherry redin toimesta:

The newly agreed worldwide deal with The Fall covers around 40 studio and live albums from the band’s extensive back catalogue, including Live At The Witch Trials, Dragnet and Middle Class Revolt. A number of special edition releases and boxsets are planned.

mutta eniten odotuksessa toki bend sinisterin remasteri, josta tullut tämmöistä tietoa beggars banquetilta:

We have been working on bend sinister for a while now, extra material is in short supply but we will be releasing something in an expanded way in early 2016 or maybe sooner

dance

#1341 04.06.2015 10:55

psykokarkki
Website

#1342 21.06.2015 16:41

TWISTED BITCH
267 tearz
Website

stout man, mikäs stooges-biisi tää onkaan, aikamoista ölinää mut kiva kitara tuolla

voodoo jippu biggrinpeuk eiq people bez magic people

lol apua kulli

deadhorse kaka ultravox kaka 017 finger wanha ff sheeplove deadhorse tongue finger tongue sheeplove

#1343 27.06.2015 15:42

psykokarkki
Website

kielenalustabletti vinskana soittimessa, ei vittu, JUMALAUTA NYT PÄRISEE handcolorflash:psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee::psykee:

#1344 29.06.2015 20:56

psykokarkki
Website

#1345 03.07.2015 09:26

psykokarkki
Website

beefheeart-coveri dropout boogie:

markin keyboard-"soolo" loppupuolella pimppeuk

#1346 06.07.2015 19:43

KZ
Vuoden Foorumisti 2019
Website

Mjoo onhan tää Tablet kova, mut ei ihan niin kiimaa ku muut 10-luvun levyt.

#1347 07.07.2015 10:59

psykokarkki
Website

A0GLW65.jpg

#1348 08.08.2015 18:06

Alxity
bruttokansanonnellisuuden viraston sihteeri

Onpas aika helvetin kova kokoelma tämä 458489 A-Sides. Jos joskus meinaa päästä unohtumaan kuinka kova bändi The Fall parhaimmillaan on niin ei muuta kuin tämä soimaan. En muuten aiemmin ollut edes kuullut tuota Kinks-koveri Victoriaa  rokrok

spam3  tongue

<@Tupou> jätkä haukkuu itse muita karkeiksi
<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#1349 06.10.2015 12:59

psykokarkki
Website

R.I.P. fallin ex-rumpali tom head frown2

oli mukana ilmeisesti the marshall suitella ja the unutterablella, ja mukana kirjoittamassa mm. klassikkobiisiä dr. buck's letter, kevyet mullat.

#1350 05.11.2015 19:30

psykokarkki
Website

6rm4KiX.jpg
#vainfalljutut

1. Index
  2. » Kevyempää
  3. » the Fall

Board footer