#1 25.05.2024 12:57

artsy
Website

MENTAL ALASKA 25v. Telakka/Tre (Dolphins.../Monopoly.../Avarus)

MENTAL ALASKA 25 vuotta
11.6. Kulttuuritalo Telakka klo 19.00

LIVE:
Dolphins Into The Future (BEL)
Monopoly Child Star Searchers (USA)
Avarus (FIN)

Liput alk. 15 € Tiketistä

Legendaarisen Mental Alaska -klubin 25-vuotisjuhlissa kansainvälinen huippuohjelma ja tunnelma katossa!

MONOPOLY CHILD STAR SEARCHERS (US)

Spencer Clark started making music almost twenty years ago. As The Skaters, he and James Ferraro were part of the US noise scene in the early/mid-noughties. They recorded almost twenty albums in just one year, although they released them in the span of four years while touring – to then remain silent ever since. The parting of their ways led Spencer to experiment with music under a list of monikers such as Black Joker, Vodka Soap, and Monopoly Child. His music has been described as hypnagogic pop, i.e., “pop music refracted through the memory of a memory.” In The Wire, David Keenan referred to hypnagogic pop as being a sort of continuity with the more psychedelic side of exotica. This continuity has then become a trademark in Spencer Clark’s later production. Clark has also been acknowledged as one of the starters of the New Age revival that took place all along the past decade. Yet, these elements are just part of what can be retrieved throughout his immense discography, his wide stylistic variety has its match with an across-the-board interest in different cultural areas. This time he will be performing as Monopoly Child Star Searchers in support of his new album “Barbados Wild Horses”, a record which he recorded with Sun Araw.

DOLPHINS INTO THE FUTURE (BE)

Lieven Martens (aka Dolphins Into The Future) performs conceptual music that floats between field recordings, ambient, musique concrète and modern composition. He has recently collaborated with Christina Vantzou & Sugai Ken. Martens runs Edições CN, a private press that is praised for its catalogue of original works by a list of internationally acclaimed artists. He has recorded for among others Em Records, Not Not Fun, Pacific City Sound Visions, Kraak and Ultra Eczema. Martens has toured extensively in Europe, USA, Mexico, Japan & Oceania and performed at Centre Pompidou Paris, ISSUE Project Room New York, Café OTO London, Fylkingen Stockholm, just to name a few classic venues. "Idylls is a stunning work of art, and one that solidifies Lieven Martens Moana's place as one of the most important and innovative musicians working today. Highly recommended
for anyone who loves adventurous music that challenges expectations and expands the boundaries of what's possible." (The Quietus)

AVARUS

To celebrate their quarter-century of activity, Mental Alaska brings its "house band" Avarus to Tampere for the first time since 2017. The later recordings of these pioneers of "beer trance" have been compared among others to the duo Moebius & Plank. Avarus was born from the same community as Mental Alaska, being only a couple of years younger. Their members have overlapped and entwined constantly througout the years and both are essentially powered by deep friendships. Their music today is mellow, singular and relentless.

let me fall out of the window
with confetti in my hair

#2 11.06.2024 12:54

artsy
Website

Re: MENTAL ALASKA 25v. Telakka/Tre (Dolphins.../Monopoly.../Avarus)

Tänään!!! avarus turauttaa klo 19, sitten ulkomaan vieraat jossain järjestyksessä! tervetuloa!

let me fall out of the window
with confetti in my hair

Board footer